Tuesday, July 04, 2006

all the fun of the movies without the dancing hot dog

I borrowed this meme from Ryan's blog since I have nothing better to post about right now. (Plus, I've watched a lot of movies over the course of this 5-day weekend.) Enjoy!

The Rules:

A. Pick 11 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes on your blog.
D. Have commenters guess what the movie is.
E. Place the guesser’s user name directly after the quote. (Note to anonymous posters - it'll be great if you could give me a name so that I'm not crediting responses to Anonymous #1, Anonymous #2, etc.)
F. Extra points for knowing the actor or character’s name.


1. Somehow he can rationalize it - like, the establishment owes him Snickers. Winona Ryder as Lelaina Pierce in Reality Bites
2. By night's end, I predict me and her are going to interface. Anthony Michael Hall as The Geek/Farmer Ted in Sixteen Candles (correct answer: tRJ)
3. Silly…only grown-up men are scared of women. Kurt in The Sound of Music (correct answer: Kirsten)
4. Be with me always. Take any form, drive me mad, only do not leave me in this dark alone where I cannot find you. Laurence Oliver as Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights
5. You remember this guy? He skippered Hitler’s catamaran during the war. Droz in PCU (correct answer: otis)
6. I’m very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening’s over. Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind
7. I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn. Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don’t you think? Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice
8. I teach my kids about the things that really matter. I will teach them about Abraham Lincoln and Ronnie Van Zandt, because they are equally important in my house. Paul Schneider as Jessie Baylor in Elizabethtown
9. There were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident! Brick Tamblin in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (correct answer: Jeanne)
10. Waving your flag with one hand and picking pockets with the other – that’s your patriotism. Ingrid Bergman as Alicia Huberman in Notorious
11. I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne: "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky." Dr. Henry Jones, Sr. in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (correct answer: Tortcaesar)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

#9: Brick Tamblin, from Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger tortcaesar said...

#11: Prof. Henry Jones, Sr., Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger whytri said...

#5: Droz, from PCU

 

Post a Comment

<< Home