Sunday, July 09, 2006

because the last quiz went so well...

I could talk about how I was up until 8:30 this morning watching the entire first season of "House" from start to finish.

Or I could jack this little quiz thingy from Here is No Why and give you all something a little more entertaining to do/read. Below are quotes from the top 25 songs on my iTunes playlist. You guess the quote in the comments; I post the correct answer with the guesser.*

I apologize for the lameness of the tunes on the list (and yes, I do have some show tunes on there).

1. Can you see the beauty inside of me? What happened to the beauty I had inside of me? U2 - City of Blinding Lights

2. All I want is freedom, a world with no more night, and you always beside me to hold me and to hide me. Phantom of the Opera soundtrack - All I Ask of You

3. When you love someone but it goes to waste, could it be worse? Coldplay - Fix You

4. But it's just the price I pay, destiny is calling me, open up my eager eyes. The Killers - Mr. Brightside (correct answer by Stare Decisis)

5. Olive Oyl's waiting for her man to come in from the fight that will change their lives for good this time. Carbon Leaf - Let Your Troubles Roll By

6. My face had said too much before our hands could even touch to greet a hello... so much for going slow. Carbon Leaf - Life Less Ordinary (correct answer by Kirsten)

7. If I could, through myself, set your spirit free, I'd lead your heart away, see you break - break away. U2 - Bad (correct answer by tRJ)

8. But tomorrow go back to your man, I'm back to my world, and we're back to being friends. Andy is half-right - this is the Dave Matthews Band. tRJ correctly identified the title - "Say Goodbye"

9. Even the best fall down sometimes, even the stars refuse to shine. Howie Day - Collide (correct answer by otis)

10. I can't feel nothin' but this chain that binds me. Bruce Springsteen - The Rising

11. I know the way you feel, like the rains outside, so speak to me. Moby - The Sky is Broken

12. The songs are in your eyes; I see them when you smile. U2 - Miracle Drug (correct answer by Tim)

13. She's got eyes of the bluest skies as if they thought of rain; I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain. Guns n Roses - Sweet Child O'Mine (correct answer by tRJ)

14. It seems like I can finally rest my head on something real, I like the way that feels. Ashlee Simpson - Pieces of Me (correct answer by Cella Bella) (and please don't judge me for having Ashlee Simpson on my iPod.)

15. And anything I do or say better be okay when I have a bad hair day. Shania Twain - Any Man of Mine (correct answer by tRJ)

16. If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts. You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast. Counting Crows - Mrs. Potter's Lullaby (correct answer by otis)

17. I want to take shelter from the poison rain. U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name (correct answer by otis)


18. Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind - ain't life unkind? The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday

19. You made me feel all right for once in my life. Now all that's left of me is what I pretend to be. Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes

20. We're such crazy babies, little monkey. God, we're so fucked up, you and me. Counting Crows - Recovering the Satellites

21. Two drifters off to see the world, there's such a lot of world to see. Henry Mancini - Moon River (correct answer by Kirsten) (incidentally, the version I have is the version sung by Andy Williams, but there's so many versions out there that I really can't be picky...)

22. The best they could do was pick up their pieces, but we always knew they would both find a way to get by. Billy Joel - Scenes from an Italian Restaurant (correct answer by otis)

23. And the battle's yet begun, so many lost, but tell me: who has won? The trench is dug within our hearts - mothers, children, brothers, sisters torn apart. U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday (correct answer by Cella Bella)

24. You never act the way you should, but I like it, and I know you like it too. Poison - Talk Dirty to Me

25. Well there's hours of time on the telephone line to talk about things to come: sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground. James Taylor - Fire and Rain (correct answer by tRJ)


*There's still seven movie quotes left in the last quiz. I know someone out there has seen at least one of these movies. Either way, I'm hoping that the songs are easier to identify than those movies were...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger Stare Decisis said...

#4 is Mr Brightside - the Killers (It's on my list as well!)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Cella Bella said...

#14 is Ashlee Simpson's Pieces (Pieces of me?)

#23 is U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

#8 is by DMB. It's the one about being lovers for one night and then just being friends. Goddamnit, what's it called?

Thanks for the link, by the way.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger whytri said...

#9 - "Collide" - Howie Day
#16 - "Mrs. Potter's Lullaby" - Counting Crows
#17 - "Where the Streets Have No Name" - U2
#22 - "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" - Billy Joel

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#12 is Miracle Drug by U2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home