Wednesday, April 25, 2007

the fiddy defense

Okay, I admit it. I was too busy reading about the fact that Mark Prior is out for the season to actually pay attention to most of my Evidence class today.

The one thing I manage to overhear, though, is a fact pattern involving a statement a deceased declarant made after getting taken to the hospital with six gunshot wounds. My professor asks the class if anyone can counter the dying declaration hearsay exception.

So I pipe up with this: "Well, if 50 Cent can get shot, like, eight times and survive, this guy can get shot six times and think he'll survive."

Suddenly, I don't look so stupid for reading celebrity gossip blogs instead of studying, do I?

(You know what? Don't answer that.)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That comment was FANTASTIC! Helped ease the tension that was building because no one knew the answers to the questions! Pass/fail will be popular in that class!

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't waste a pass-fail. Mullen is an easy A!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger zdwyatt said...

Genius. I am so using that in court.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home