Tuesday, April 18, 2006

the idiot's guide to on-call days

Prof: Can you tell the class what happened in this case?

Me: Umm...well...I think [reads fact statement directly out of book]. Other than that, I'm not really sure. I didn't understand most of the case, I just know that [holding of case] happened.

Prof: Mmmmkay...can you tell the class why that decision was reached?

Me: Well, I think that it had to do with Due Process, and the fact that the earlier case had nothing to do really with the present case.

Prof: Did it??? Did it really have nothing to do with this case? (Prof asks another student, who promptly explains how I am unbelievably wrong.)

Prof: So [DM], can you explain what the standard for preclusion is?

Me: Umm...well...umm...[draws blank] [sighs heavily] [reads quote directly from book] [mentally beats own head against desk].


Editor's note: I used to be smart. I swear, before I came to this place, I had at least two brain cells that rubbed together...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

The number of anonymous law blogs is truly amazing. In any event, i'm glad i've found another one: i now have yet another excuse to do exactly no work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home