Monday, April 28, 2008

apocalypse (s)now

It is snowing in Madison today.  

For those of you who didn't do a double-take and then check the calendar on your computers, today is April 28th.  Otherwise known as three-days-before-the-start-of-May.  So not only is it spring, it's venturing into "late spring" territory.

And yet, there were snowflakes falling from the sky this afternoon.

I'm pretty sure that this is a sign that the world is ending...especially when combined with the fact that the Cubs are in first place right now and Ronny Cedeno is actually playing well. I mean, who needs locusts, plagues, or an invasion of Daleks when you can have ginormous snowflakes?  

I'm also pretty sure that I'm glad that, three weeks from right now, I'll be sitting in the U-Haul on the way to Wichita, the stopping point in my journey between Madison and Austin.   Even though I spent much of last night having a complete breakdown about the fact that I will probably never be able to procure legal employment after graduation because of my inability to perform on law school exams, at least I won't be some place where it snows in April.  

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nature is surprising people throughout the world. We need to take care of nature.
Keep posting!!

This is Nancy from Israeli Uncensored News

 

Post a Comment

<< Home