Tuesday, March 14, 2006

job search stew

Dear Austin-Area Law Firm to Whom I Applied and Have Not Yet Heard Back From:

After I send you a letter, resume, and grades, and follow up with an e-mail, you refuse to respond. However, you apparently have time to add me to your e-mail distribution list (twice!) to send me a newsletter about how great you are.

So...I'm gonna take that as a "no, [you] don't have any jobs for me", and that you just don't have the cajones to tell me as much. Maybe my mediocre grades and I will try again next year, though, because I really enjoy the space that the newsletters take up in my Inbox.

Hugs,
Me


Update: I received a third copy of the same e-mail newsletter 24 hours after the first two. Maybe they'd take me off their dist list if I sent them my Civ Pro I grade.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I interviewed a few years ago for a job I didn't really want and was unsurprisingly rejected. However, for some reason, for the next year I'd randomly receive additional new formal rejection letters for the same job. It took a VERY sarcastic email to get them to stop the hate. I think I was rejected 4 or 5 times for the same job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home