Saturday, November 19, 2005

contracts awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth

I was sitting there in the theater last night enjoying Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, when I heard the following line:

"The goblet of fire is a binding magical contract."

Why? For the love of Scott Baio and all that is holy, WHY does the Harry Potter movie have to mention contracts? On the ONE day I don't have class, the movie I go see has to remind me of contracts class, and how much it makes me want to stick sharp things in my eyes.*

Speaking of wanting to stick sharp things in my eyes, I'm watching Surviving Christmas on HBO2 right now. (That's how badly I don't want to do my reading for Monday - I'm watching one of the aforementioned bad Ben Affleck Christmas movies.) To save you all the pain and suffering from sitting through this movie, I'll just tell you that the entire movie is about contracts and breach of contracts.**

Only 12 more days, and I never have to take a contracts class again...then I can begin to reassemble the pieces of what was once my soul.


* - the contracts mention, however, was soon outweighed by the shots of Harry Potter without his shirt. I know he's 16 and all, but he's ripped...and it's just not right. But according to Wis. Stat. ยง948.02, 16 is legal. So I guess I'm not completely sick?

** - I do wish that I could sue the studio that made this movie for breaching their implied contract*** with America to make movies that are actually watchable (i.e., not starring Ben Affleck).

*** - GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home