Tuesday, November 22, 2005

cover letter for summer job (draft #1)

Dear Governor-Elect,

Hi. You may not remember me, but I was one of your interns at the Lieutenant Governor's office during the spring of 2003. I made you take a Cosmo quiz and I picked the lock on your desk in order to retrieve your Excedrin Migraine.

Yep. That intern.

Anyway, I'm in law school now, and I was just wondering if I could have a job working for you in the Governor's office this summer. Yes, I realize that it won't be paid, but I really just need some experience doing something that sort of qualifies as real work. I promise that, this time around, I won't spend my time playing air guitar to that San Francisco Bay Area classic rock station.

I also realize that there are a ton of others from better law schools (i.e., UVa, W&L, and W&M) who are looking for jobs. And that they're smarter than I am - heck, the only thing that I can seem to get right is my legal writing class, and that's because it really doesn't involve any substantive knowledge of anything but grammar. But honestly, who else is going to spy for you and let you know that state Senators are talking smack about you behind your back?

So if you could take pity on my poor soul and hire me for the summer...that would be great.

Thanks,
Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home