Wednesday, November 30, 2005

you'll never get a man if you look like you just wandered out of auschwitz

I have this large collection of really cute, really tall (3" and higher) heels that I wear with my skirts. But since I've ruined one too many pairs of heels on sidewalks, I generally wear flip-flops and carry my heels with me and put them on once I get to school.

This morning, since it was so cold, I put on a pair of loafers instead of flip-flops...because I don't want my toes to freeze off. And as I was walking to the bus stop, I realized just how ugly those shoes are. My loafers make me feel like I look like someone who doesn't know how to dress well, and that makes me sad.

And even though the cold weather made the leather of my tall pointy heels contract and pinch my feet really bad, I'd rather wear these shoes than my ugly loafers that are a bit too big and way too frumpy. I don't do frumpy.

My shoes are my life.


Edited to add: Does anyone know where I can find a good shoe repair guy in Madison? I had an awesome shoe guy in Richmond who worked wonders on my cute heels, but I'm (obviously) not close enough to run over to the Village and get my shoe guy to fix my shoes. Essentially, I've worn down the sole on the stiletto and I'm basically walking on metal spikes. Need new soles for my shoes. So if anyone knows someplace where I can get this done for a reasonable price, that'd be great.

1 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try down on Park Street near 1st Choice Dental just south of E. Wash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home