Friday, March 31, 2006

driver's ed

It's common knowledge that Driver's Ed classes across the country are taught by whoever draws the short straw among the football coach, the drunk gym teacher, the shop teacher, and the math teacher that just won't retire already. (Hmm...this sounds eerily like the selection process for UW legal research and writing professors....)

Even though my own Driver's Ed teacher would spike his morning coffee with rum (yes, he sat in the car and drank it like that), he at least taught us that you don't go below the speed limit in the left lane.

I'm driving to get dinner after leaving Best Buy ($15/off X-Files seasons 1-6), and I'm in the left lane because I have to turn left. The douchebag in front of me is going literally 10mph below the speed limit. After following him for about 2-3 minutes, I realize that he's also swerving. (Side note: isn't 7:30pm too early to be that drunk while driving around?) It takes me a few more minutes to get over because of the long line of people who couldn't put up with the speed thing either, and finally just floor it past this guy. (I'd forgotten how much fun it is to floor it. God, I miss living in a city actual interstates.)

There's really no point/punchline to this story, just more evidence that people don't know how to drive.

2 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

was he in a white celica? yeah that was me! DA

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

You should try driving in Cincinnati. It's even worse, I swear. The people here are goddamn morons. I'm not sure any of them have ever taken driver's ed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home