Monday, May 15, 2006

do you need any stamps with your purchase?

So, if you've read this blog in the last week or so, you know that I'm leaving town this Thursday.

The Law Review packets are to be done by next Monday, May 22nd. Now, I was planning on finishing up on Wednesday night and hitting the law school on my way out of town Thursday morning to drop off my completed application.

And then I actually opened the packet last night (I know - more than 24 hours before the thing needs to be done!) and discovered that I can only hand-deliver packets between the hours of 9:00 and 5:00 on May 22nd. Otherwise, I have to mail it in.

That's right. Because I'm leaving town on Thursday, I have to spend two bucks on postage to mail the thing in. So I either need to (a) find a post office in NYC, (b) hope I get to Richmond before 5:00 to mail it in there, (c) find a post office somewhere along the I-95 corridor on Monday, (d) find a post office somewhere along I-90 or in PA...

or (e) go to my post office here in Madison and mail it. And then brace myself for the looks I'll get from the clerks as they say "You know, that's just down the street. Why don't you hand deliver it and save the money?"

And then I'll sigh heavily and say, "Well, I can't hand deliver it, because I can only hand deliver it between 9 and 5 on Monday, and I'm leaving town as soon as you accept my payment. Oh, and I can't get a friend to hand it in for me, because I don't want the powers that be to think that my friends opened the packet while I was out of town and used my awesome writing ability, mad Bluebooking skills, and phenomenal diversity essay about life in the Old South to improve their own submission. "

Maybe I should worry more about getting the stupid thing done before I worry about wasting two bucks on mailing it in. And I should buy some more printer paper, now that I'm thinking about it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home