Wednesday, February 21, 2007

bringing joy to the law school, one sad soul at a time

The other night, my sister sent me a link to this website that offers about 600 original Nintendo games, available to play for free whenever you like, and told me that I would never, ever pay attention in class again.* So within minutes, I did the only thing I could think to do: I sent it to a friend that's in my Trusts & Estates class.

The next afternoon, in T&E, my friend told me that she sent it to another friend also in our class, and that they had been playing all afternoon.

Cut to this afternoon, when I see the second friend from T&E, who told me that she had since sent the link to another dozen or so of her friends...and that every time Mario died, the girl behind her in class gasped audibly.

I, surprisingly, have surprisingly avoided playing games in class; rather, I have been waiting until breaks (or, like, now, playing games at home instead of doing my writing assignment for Prosecution). Today, I displayed so much restraint that I waited until the break in Evidence to whip out the Ms. Pac Man (way more awesome than regular Pac Man. Don't ask me to explain why). Five minutes later, the guy behind me was asking for the link. After discovering one of his favorite games on the website, he gave me the following quote (for posing on the blog, of course):

"You just saved my semester."

So for the rest of you out there that hadn't already been sent this link through the law school IM tree...you're welcome. And don't say that I never did anything nice for anyone.


*I give it three months before someone finds this and makes the webmaster take it down because of some sort of copyright issue.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless You.
Not all of us are on the law school IM tree and this site works equally well from an associate's seat.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Vice said...

You're a true humanitarian. Classic Nintendo would be a quality way to break up T&E, if in fact I ever went other than the hour a week when I'm on call. I haven't checked the site yet, but if it had it, I'd probably be rocking the TMNT II game, with Donatello and his quarterstaff. Then when Howie asks if I want to play, I'd be like "Dude, I so already am. I'm about to whip Shredder's ass, if you want in."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home