Wednesday, February 07, 2007

i just figured out what my tuition pays for

I hate the cold weather. It doesn't agree with my constitution. We didn't have much cold weather down south. Unlike the north, we boasted warm(er) weather in winter, edible fried chicken, and an uncanny ability to turn a two-syllable word into a six-syllable word.

Needless to say, I (like many other students) get really cranky when we come in from the frigid cold outside to discover the law school building is also ridiculously cold. Right now, I'm sitting in class with two layers of clothes and a scarf on and still freezing cold. And after five minutes of freezing, I noticed the draft above my head (in a windowless room).

That's right - my law school in the middle of Wisconsin is running the air conditioning. In February. During the coldest spell of the winter.

I don't know about you all, but in my experience, it's way cheaper to use gas to heat a building than to use electricity to run the air conditioner all day. I mean, it's not like this is the Mall of America, and we can use the body heat of all the students to heat the building instead of actual heating systems.

This only makes me wonder how much money is used to pay for the fact that the admininstration can't use energy efficiently.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home