Friday, May 11, 2007

sometimes you close your eyes and see the place where you used to live

Today, I finished the last final of my 2L year. (And honestly, that's about all I can say about that final. Seriously - sitting there talking about policy and "what I would do if I were a shareholder" makes me feel like my exam suddenly turned into an appointment with my shrink where we talk about feelings for an hour. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration...but I don't like the "that's it???" feeling I got from my Business Organizations II final today. And this is a really long parenthetical.)

So to celebrate the end of finals, I hopped in Flying Elvis and drove down to Chicago to go see The Killers in concert. Which means that I can now say "I saw Brandon Flowers faceplant on stage during a song." Aside from the slight prop malfunction, and aside from the fact the instruments (a) completely overpowered the vocals, and (b) were giving a lot of feedback during the latter portion of the show, it was a pretty good time.

This week has been a week of endings. First, on Tuesday night, I cried as I watched Rory graduate from Yale on "Gilmore Girls". Because, you know, it's been a rocky four years - from the class she got a "D" in, to the part where she dropped out and joined the DAR for a semester...makes my own sad little law school existence seem quite a bit less dramatic in comparison. But the bigger ending this week will occur about...34 hours from now, when my sister graduates from Lynchburg College in Virginia.

Which is where I'm headed tomorrow morning. Graduation will be followed by a drive from Lynchburg to Austin with my family, resulting in me spending more time in Tennessee than I ever wanted to, or will ever want to at any point in the future. (Tennessee is right up there with Alabama and Mississippi on my list of states that maybe, you know, the Union should've just let secede without a fight.)

But at least I now know that there's a store in Austin that sells cheese curds - something to look forward to while I'm on vacation.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home