Saturday, August 11, 2007

back in black

So, my ten week sojourn into the north woods of Wisconsin has finally ended....and not a moment too soon. There's something about having internet access and a working telephone (not just a cell phone - ANY phone) that I rather enjoy.

A few brief highlights (and lowlights) of the last ten weeks:
  • I discovered that I don't really suck at legal writing after all. (Either that or the north woods legal community is just really, really impressed when someone can string together a coherent sentence...)
  • I also managed to win two cases and successfully argue against a motion to dismiss. So, even though I had to essentially beg to get into the court room*, when I did manage to get in there, I didn't completely crash and burn.
  • My iPod died. While this normally wouldn't be a highlight, the death of my poor pink iPod mini resulted in me getting a sleek new black video iPod...which means that I can take "The Office" and "Bones" with me wherever I go, and don't need my laptop to do it.
  • I discovered that last semester was my best semester in law school - by FAR. However, that awesomeness doesn't counterbalance my three semesters of extreme suckage, and I still have to try and get a job with a crummy GPA and a sad lack of journal on my resume.
  • Which reminds me - I got rejected from the journal to which I applied.
  • ...and I almost forgot the most important thing: the Cubs climbed from the depths of the National League Central to take over first place. They proceeded to promptly lose their hold on first place...but they've been within a game of the Brewers since July 29th. So I'm pretty confident that I'm going to be seeing some exciting pennant race baseball on September 2nd.

Either way, I'm sure something good will come of this experience. As soon as I figure out what that is, I'll let you know.

*Basically, my boss gets an intern so that he can spend the time he would normally spend on writing/researching on the golf course during the summer. He only showed up to work to go into the courtroom and do every hearing on the calendar - including initial appearances and bond hearings. So I really did have to beg to do more than just hand files to my boss while he was in court.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home