Thursday, October 18, 2007

i hope this question isn't on the texas bar exam

I'm watching this week's "South Park" for the second time now, and there's one thing I just can't get past.

Cartman and Kyle had this contract. If they did not see a leprechaun, Cartman owed Kyle $10. If they did see a leprechaun, Kyle had to suck Cartman's balls.

How is this a legally enforceable contract? I mean, aside from the whole "they're minors" thing (and the whole "this is a cartoon" thing)...

(Now I wish I had actually listened in Contracts class.)

(Also, I should stop thinking when I watch TV. It's so much more enjoyable when it's mindless. That's why "CSI: Miami" is so awesome.)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wait, wait, wait. You're watching that episode of South Park and you're concerned about how it is that a court enforced that contract? But you're perfectly willing to accept terrorists attacking the Land of Imagination?

Wow--law school really fucked you up.

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I came upon your blog randomly in July and I stayed because it's amusing and also I go to UW too.

I'm in Contracts right now (wow, that dates me) and I think it would have something to do with consideration. I'm pretty sure I'm flunking Contracts so this could be wrong but there was an exchange of promises and that's a contract.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Jonathan L. Kramer, Esq. said...

Contracts for sexual services are generally void as against public policy...

...and Kyle is an idiot.

Jonathan Kramer, Esq.
PassTheBarExam.com

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I did that recently with my dating life, too. I thought this guy should have mitigated rather than just canceling our plans. I still can't believe that sentence popped into my head as an actual thought!

I'm trying to tell myself it means I'm starting to think like a lawyer. That works, right? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home