Thursday, December 01, 2005

oh, the weather outside is frightful

But the fire is so delightful (or whatever it is). I really don't care about the lyrics - I just want to point out that I should never be allowed to light a candle again. Because my apartment smelled like a nice combination of vanilla and burning when I woke up at 8 this morning, and realized that I hadn't blown out the candles that I lit around 9:00 last night.

And then what is it with people only coming to my door while I'm in the shower? It's like Murphy's law, but only for me. And showers. At any rate, it was some guy at the door telling us that his car slid down the hill in back and hit one of the cars parked behind my house. So that's good news - when my car's back from the doctor and parked safely in my lot, I'll have to worry about people who live in the house up the hill sliding down the hill in their cars. My insurance company will so be dropping me by the end of the year.

So I'm leaving to catch the bus this morning, and I was walking down the hill outside of my apartment when my body decided it would be a better idea for me to slide down the hill. Fortunately, nothing broke, and I landed on my hip instead of my laptop. This means that (1) I'm going to have to stop taking my computer to school so that I don't fall on it and break it, and (2) I really need to find a scientist who can perfect a teleportation device, otherwise I'm not going to school for the first two months of the spring semester, since I don't have health insurance and I can't afford to break any bones.

And then I get to Contracts for the first time in three days and realize that we're not talking about anything substantive, that we still aren't talking about the reading I did for Tuesday's class, and that I would have wasted less time by staying in bed.

Whee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home