Friday, December 16, 2005

take my hand and we'll make it, i swear

You know, I was rocking and rolling through my Torts exam today, which began with a furious re-outline of everything that I got off of the outline generously sent to me by the awesome dude behind Law & Alcoholism.* I remembered everything that I had read in the 40 minutes I sat at Starbucks eating my cinnamon scone, and was surprised to find that I had more than enough time to answer the questions. Why, I found myself twiddling my thumbs, staring off into space aimlessly, and asking myself "what is the most bizarre reading of these facts that I can come up with"...and still only took 3 hours to complete a 4-hour exam.

And so we didn't institute a gag order immediately following the exam, and everyone was talking about it. Turns out that most people came up with the same stuff I did, but I think I may have been the only one to argue that "Contact" resulted when the booze first hit E's stomach in question #2...I was the only one that argued that you find negligence in question #1 by combining Summers v. Tice with Byrne v. Boadle...I was the only one who used O'Brien v. Cunard to say that there may have been implied consent in question #2...and I forgot to mention that N was contributorily negligent in question #1 because he may have miswrapped the industrial dryer.

Argh. If I go by my same Contract theory, I probably did okay, since it's generally better when you leave an exam thinking that there was a bunch of stuff you forgot. But I didn't realize that I forgot anything until I started talking to Derling (as Caesar refers to him) and he brought up a bunch of stuff that I thought of as I was finishing and dismissed.

...leaving Brats today:

D: That was the worst exam I've ever taken in my life.
Me: I'd be willing to bet that you ended up doing so much better than I did.
D: Oh, I'd be willing to bet that too, but that's not the point.
Me: (in a frequency only audible to dogs and dolphins) Just because I'm a blonde and watch television all the time and read Cosmo instead of studying yesterday...that's so not fair!


But whatever. I have a Civ Pro outline to finish, and I have to work on it between "Gilmore Girls" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" today, or else it's not getting done. But all I want to do is sleep, since I didn't manage to get to sleep until 3, and I had to get up at 6 in order to put in some good quality Starbucks time this morning.

(Yes, my priorities are in order. Quit asking me that! You know I have a grande sugar-free hazelnut nonfat with whip mocha every morning in Torts - I couldn't make today any different).



*And yes, I slept on the outline, just like I slept on the UCC the other night before my Contracts final. Never underestimate the power of osmosis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home