Thursday, April 27, 2006

you know you're a great lawyer when...

You ask that your client receive "the long, slow death of the common criminal".

Granted, the other option is the death penalty, and your client is the 20th 9/11 hijacker... but still. Not something I could ever imagine asking a court to give my client.

(Side note to Moussaoui's lawyer: You're in a death penalty hearing. In Virginia. Dude. Seriously. Just give up now. You have about as much chance of getting your client life in prison as the Buffalo Bills do of ever winning a Super Bowl.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I read your post below and just wanted to say, "Hang in there." I graduated from law school in May '05 and felt similarly disaffected and distanced from my classmates. I can't say that it ever passed, but i did find a great group of friends (were we all losers together? probably) and we're still friends even now.

FYI, I'm moving to Madison in July due to my husband's work. If you have any questions about law school or want one of my (probably irrelevant outlines), just drop a line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home