Tuesday, April 25, 2006

it's better to be "done" than "good"

Or so I told myself fifteen minutes ago when I printed out my last assignment for the semester. Does it suck? Absolutely. Will I get a grade above a B? Absolutely not. Do I care? Abso...well...sort of. But it's done. And now I can worry about "studying" [cough] for exams.

"This final will be completely open iPod." ~Civ Pro professor, on allowing students to listen to music to drown out the clickety-click of keyboards during the exam.

Meanwhile, did anyone see "American Idol" tonight? I only saw a bit, because I have to watch the complete destruction of Luke and Lorelai's relationship on "Gilmore Girls". But I will say this:

(1) Elliott is awesome, even if he does sound a bit like Clay Aiken. (And I do enjoy the Gaiken.)
(2) Who let Paula Abdul off her meds? Yes, Elliott was good. Was he tear-worthy? Not so much. The only time I've ever cried listening to music was when I got to see Bruce perform "Born to Run" live, and that's because it's Bruce and one of the Five Greatest Songs Ever Written. This is "American Idol" - the show that gave us Justin Guarini for christssake. If this week is any indication as to how this season will progress, the producers better keep the horse tranquilizers on hand next week, just in case Paula loses it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Top five best songs ever written, in no particular order:
Cherub Rock - The Smashing Pumpkins
Only in Dreams - Weezer
Hey - The Pixies
Rebellion (Lies) - The Arcade Fire
Soma - The Smashing Pumpkins

These are just five excellent songs that came to mind. I can think of 15 others off the top of my head.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Dangerous Mind said...

Is it bad that I've never heard a single one of those?

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Ummm... yes, it is. My suggestion is to immediately go out and buy the albums Siamese Dream, Weezer (The Blue Album), Funeral, and Doolittle.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger The BLS said...

Weezer's blue album IS good. And I'm totally with you on the whole "medicated Paula" thing. I agree that Elliott was NOT tear-worthy. I don't know what's up with the Idols judges. I think they're all on some form of sedative. You'd have to be to listen to Kellie butcher "Unchained Melody," but that's just me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home