Monday, April 24, 2006

mail call

Dear Dude I saw on State Street Today:

You know, when you wear your "Wanna buy a ticket to the gun show?" t-shirt, it's probably more effective if the arrows actually point to your arms instead of your ginormous man boobs.

Just a suggestion,
Me


Dear Anyone watching VH1 on Friday night around midnight:

If you are sitting at home alone watching "Can't Get a Date" on a Friday night, that in and of itself should explain why you can't get a date. Unless you're me, and then you're only watching it because your remote was way across the room.

That's totally excusable,
Me


Dear Fellow Law Students:

You ever look around and wish you could go back in time so that you could make different choices? Because I ask myself constantly what I did to turn an otherwise normal life into this quagmire that's completely FUBAR. And it's not just grades, or the fact that I was brought to this school simply to fill up the bottom of the curve and be an academic joke - I mean, why do I feel as out of place as Paris Hilton in a convent?

The last eight months of my life have been this ridiculous spiral of events that make me feel like I have no redeeming qualities whatsoever - as a student or as a person. Yeah, I chose this path. I tried to break out away from my shy and awkward past, took chances and sought opportunities, and tried to form relationships - all of which eventually left me feeling like dirt. Now I'm left wondering - since I don't have a flux capacitor handy, is it too late to change this course before I end up with the same bitter taste in my mouth towards my time at UW that I have towards my time in undergrad, and end up feeling like I wasted years of my life?

No wonder I prefer dead people and aliens,
Me


Dear Readers:

Sorry for the whiny diatribe. I have a lot on my mind, and (obviously) not a lot of people around to listen. Maybe that should tell me something.

I'll stop now,
Me

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta say. By the middle of my first year, i had pretty much decided that i would rather be friends with no one than be friends with the people i had met to that point. now, i'm a "rising 3L" and i'm honestly having the best time of my life. My advice to you is to chill out, stop stressing, and be yourself. Take chances on new people, and fuck what anyone says or thinks. Be social, go to bar review, form study groups. Whatever. There are a lot of people in law school and you'll find an awesome group, just like i did.

Don't feel too bad about your grades, either. The worst case scenario is that you'll be a lawyer. That's not bad at all.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

If there's a back to the future quotes contest going on, i want to be involved...

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Dangerous Mind said...

I can't quote Back to the Future. All I know is that a flux capacitor was involved. Oh, and that Michael J. Fox came close to sleeping with his mom.

FUBAR = F***** Up Beyond All Recognition (or something like that).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home