Friday, July 28, 2006

my second date with career services

Me: So, essentially, when the job listings say "Top 50%" and I'm over here at "Top 66.67%", am I just screwed? I mean, how do I say to these people "yeah, my grades suck, but I'm not an idiot"?

Career Services: You're not an idiot. Law school is like the Olympics. Everyone is the best of the best, and they're all separated by just a little bit.

Me: And there's always that one swimmer from the Ivory Coast that finishes 10 minutes behind the rest of the pack.

CS: But the rest of the swimmers are all a minute apart.

Me: Because they're all on steroids.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, that's not what they tell you when you're in the top 10%...

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsten - point being?

Did you know that 50% of the class is in the top half?

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Legally Intoxicated (Retired) said...

anon - I don't know who you're talking to, but they don't tell you anything special in the top 10%. Mostly they've just given me some contacts to send my resume to and told me to be careful about my blog. I don't think the subject of grades has ever really come up whenever I've gone in.

And of course, this isn't bragging - I am, after all, still fucking unemployed despite my grades.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Dangerous Mind said...

Meanwhile, all the snide remarks are a great reminder of why I don't call my mother more often.

So thanks for that.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tex - You obviously aren't familiar with the secret handshake.

As for what they told me at career services...nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home