Friday, December 23, 2005

the stars at night shine big and bright

Deep in the heart of Texas....

Not only did my flights not get delayed, but my flight actually got into Austin 15 minutes early this afternoon. Early. Two days before Christmas.

Combine that with the fact that my suitcase filled with laundry was actually waiting for me when I got down to baggage claim, and *poof!* confirmation that the apocalypse is upon us. Hooray!

And for my fellow UWites who expressed their hope that I enjoy all the Mexican food I can possibly eat over vacation, rest assured that the combination of the early flight and the prompt baggage retrieval led me to begin enjoying my tasty enchilada a full thirty minutes ahead of the "Eating Mexican Food Cooked by Real Mexicans That Came Across the Border Illegally Last Week" projection.

And I sat there over dinner telling my sister that I could have her charged with battery for hitting me at the table, and that me calling her a "'tard" would not be considered adequate provocation because a reasonable juror would probably not believe that my statement would cause the same reaction in a reasonable person under the same circumstances. This proves that (1) I may have actually done well on my Crim exam, and (2) law school has sucked the last drops of what was once my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home