Friday, February 17, 2006

my tuition is paying for this???

Dear Professor Crotchbat Douchebag McGee of my Property Class,

I don't care how old you are. I don't care how long you've been with this university. I don't care how many fancy degrees you have from world-renowned universities. I don't care if you used to run this joint.

There is no excuse for laughing at students when they're trying to answer your convoluted questions and fail. It's sick. It's demeaning. It's about as funny as Schindler's List. And it doesn't exactly help us learn anything, except how to feel more like the village laughingstock when we get something wrong.

Seriously, how many judges outside of David E. Kelley shows will laugh openly in court at a lawyer who is struggling to make an argument?

We probably deserve to be treated a little bit better than this.

Thanks,
Me

3 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger The Namby Pamby said...

Is it bad when the young professors do the same thing?

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, I didn't mind. Inwardly I was laughing at him because, quite frankly, half the time I have no idea what he's looking for when he asks a question in class...and I am a straight A law student.

I thought it was cute that he mentioned blogging in class. Do you think he reads yours?

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Dangerous Mind said...

God I hope not...although that would explain my public humiliation last week. (I mean, Jesus...I grew up an hour away from Colonial Williamsburg...I know the difference between an injunction and the stocks and pillory.) My only hope of not failing at this point is blind grading.

And yes, it's bad when young professors pull the same thing...they have a clearer memory of what it feels like to be made a fool of in class. Sadistic bastards are probably taking revenge on the students that made them feel bad when they were in school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home