Thursday, March 02, 2006

hello, you've reached the winter of my discontent




take the WHAT INTENTIONAL TORT ARE YOU test.



^^See, that's funny because that's Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, and my LR&W brief is about it's bastard cousin, Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress...

Okay, so maybe it's not that funny. My judgment may be clouded because I've been battling avian flu for the last week and a half. It's to the point where I may be schlepping over to UHS to make sure that I'm not dying, or make sure that I'm not already dead, and my lifeless shell of a corpse hasn't been running on auto-lawschool-pilot for three weeks. And if I am dead, that means I can do the "Thriller" dance, right?

At the very least, by this time next week, I'll have escaped the frozen tundra and will be enjoying the sunny warm weather of Austin. My theory is that the heat will kill all of the icky bird flu germs living in my bloodstream whilst the sunlight does not kill the motivation that I need to complete both my LR&W brief and my Moot Court tryout brief. And by that, I mean "to lay on the couch and watch the History Channel and Food Network".

So for those of you who are counting (i.e., me), the official "Eating Mexican Food Cooked by Real Mexicans That Crossed the Border Illegally Last Week Countdown":

6 days, 23 hours, 55 minutes, and a few seconds

......as long as (a) I don't get delayed in Denver (someone please explain to me how flying Madison-Denver-Austin makes sense), and (b) it doesn't take them an hour to get my luggage to the terminal. But it really doesn't matter, because it'll be Spring Break, it'll be Texas (warm), and it'll be NO PROPERTY CLASS FOR ELEVEN DAYS. I'll gladly take a delayed flight in exchange for that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home