Tuesday, September 05, 2006

murphy's law school

It's no secret that I hate waking up for class. But today, in honor of the first day of classes, I decided to show up on time (actually, early) for my 9:55 class.

I got to the school at 9:30, only to discover at 9:33 that the class was cancelled for the day.

This is what I get for actually deciding to come to class instead of sleeping until 1:00. As omens go, this isn't exactly a good omen for the coming semester, but it hasn't exactly reached "getting hit by a bicycle" proportions yet.

On the bright side, though, I've already finished my homework for tomorrow so that I can watch the all-new episode of "House" and not be burdened by school.

(To be fair, the professor is sick, and it's not exactly anyone's fault that the class was cancelled. I can only be so insensitive, I guess.)

Meanwhile, I'm now sitting at home enjoying my new baby TiVo and the Dane Cook comedy special I recorded last night...and I can't promise you that I'm going back for my Con Law class.


UPDATE: The class in question has now been canceled for the semester. So I go to the bookstore to return the paperback supplement that I bought. Their response? "Umm, we can't take this back. The cover's a little worn in one corner." So, essentially, I'm being punished for buying a book for a class that eventually got canceled because, well, I bought the book thinking that I'd have an assignment for the first day and, upon seeing there was no assignment, stored the book in my locker.

The lesson: Don't buy your books until after your classes start - being unprepared for Day 1 is way preferable to being screwed out of some cash because you had to carry the book either to the library, the locker, or home. (I mean, what are the odds that the book will remain in 150% perfect condition after being carried somewhere in a bag or left in a locker for a few days? Slim-to-none.)

And I'm putting the law school bookstore on notice for this - along with the SBA and bears.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

You know, I got hit by a bike last year. Fucker knocked me right on my ass. And here's the worst part: he just kept going!

Now, I'm not exactly a lightweight. I simply cannot imagine that this bicyclist hit me, at around 250 lbs, hard enough to knock me straight down and didn't realize he had hit something. No, it seems clear to me that the guy knew he had hit someone and thought "Fuck it, I'll just keep going."

I wasn't hurt at all. But, god, I was angrier than I had been in a long time.

Sucks about class, though.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry dude. But you know, the first one is free.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Legally Intoxicated (Retired) said...

That's what you get for going to class on time. Or going to class, for that matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home