Wednesday, August 09, 2006

best week ever

As of tomorrow, I'm done with "work" for the summer. (Interesting aside: Based on the amount of hours I worked and the amount of tuition I paid, I actually paid the school $30/hour to let me sit in a cushy office on the Square and read E! Online e-mail my east coast friends get some "law-related experience" that won't help me in the job search process one bit, according to the soulless hacks in Career Services. What was I talking about again? Oh yeah.)

So there was some funny stuff that I saw today, and I'm really struggling to decide what was funniest.

--An advertisement for an American Nazi Party/KKK rally on the Square at the end of August in which the plural form of "Nazi" was spelled "Nazies". Typos are always funny, but typos + Nazis just seems kind of hilarious to me.
--A 50-year-old(ish) guy who had hot pink hair.
--A crossdresser walking down University Ave. At least, I think it was a crossdresser. Either that, or it was a flat-chested woman who looked exactly like my dad, but taller. I'm going with crossdresser, though, just because it makes me chuckle.
--A bus company named "The Spirit of Newark, New Jersey". First of all, does Newark have a spirit worth bragging about, except "cheap(er) flights into New York City"? Second, it's New Jersey. Third, it's New Jersey. On the other hand, I guess it's worth bragging about the fact that it's not Newark, Delaware.
--Some sports writer on ESPN saying that the Dolphins will make the playoffs this year, but not the Patriots. Makes me wonder if he's been smoking whatever Michael Irvin's been dealing.

And speaking of the Patriots, I'm stoked about the fact that they're actually going to be on TV Friday night. I don't care if it doesn't count. College/pro football season is upon us, and that means I once again have something to do on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm, Spirit of Newark is a drum corp, in town for the DCI championships, not a bus company.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Dangerous Mind said...

Regardless, the point is that it's just funny to me to see a bus emblazoned with "Spirit of Newark New Jersey". Because it's Jersey. (At least, my friends in NY would find this funny.)

(Meanwhile, it amazes me that the drum corp has enough $ to furnish their own bus instead of chartering one.)

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger tortcaesar said...

You mock Newark, Del. at your peril! Fear the BIRD!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger X said...

Cool blog. I should check this place out again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home