Wednesday, August 02, 2006

and what exactly does my tuition pay for?

I made the mistake of checking the tuition rates for the coming school year.

After some quick number crunching, I realized that the $2000 increase in out-of-state tuition will cause me to run out of money sometime around February - and that's if I stop eating and manage to kick the 4-cup-a-week StarCrack habit.

Free advice for all future law students - either go where to a school that offers you merit scholarships, a school where you qualify for in-state tuition, or an out-of-state private institution (since private schools tend to offer more money to compensate for the $45K/year tuition).


...in other news, my boss just told me that I'm a "wonderful writer". I have since asked her to go back and tell my horrific second-semester LR&W professor as much, and get her to change my grade so that I don't look like I got hit with a 'tard stick over Christmas break.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Law review emailed out the acceptance letters today. Good luck. Then again, having to write a 30-60 page legal note may not be considered "good" luck.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Dangerous Mind said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, but unfortunately, I'm too white for law review.

Whatever, being on a journal would just prevent me from keeping up with all-new episodes of "America's Next Top Model" this fall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home