Sunday, August 06, 2006

another fun reader poll!

Today, I bring you the question that's on everyone's mind:

Why did I not make Law Review?

(a) The fact that I turned in my cover sheet a week and a half late automatically disqualified me from consideration.

(b) My note wasn't left-wing enough.

(c) I'm not ethnic enough to fulfill the affirmative action diversity goals of the organization.

(d) The persons on the selection committee are not Skid Row fans.

(e) See previous post in which I indirectly compared myself to the token swimmer from the Ivory Coast (or other small African nation) that finishes ten minutes behind the rest of the pack.

(f) Other _________________________ (please specify)



The silver lining to all this, though, is the fact that I'll be able to keep up with the new television season without any distractions. I mean, the good people at Target don't look for potential cashiers with law journal experience, so why would I need the line on the résumé provided by any journal when you can be further building your encyclopedic knowledge of "Gilmore Girls"???

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

f. Other: I didn't do the write on, because I am lazy. Oh well.

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Other - Your paper didn't land on the correct stair steps when they threw them down to see where they'd land.

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Other - your paper didn't meet the rigid grading rubric the graders were required to apply.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Legally Intoxicated (Retired) said...

F. Other: God is a huge asshole, and thinks your misery is funny.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Dangerous Mind said...

The ultimate evidence of God's love of my misery will be when I discover that the only job I can get after graduation is in some other law school's Career Services department.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home