Tuesday, November 28, 2006

bus 2, me 0

My bus home last night was really crowded - more crowded than it normally is at 5:00 on a Monday night. So crowded that people were standing in the aisles all the way from the front to the back. (Sort of.)

I stand up at my stop, and there's three people standing between me and the door. There's enough room for those people to back up and maneuver around to let me get to the door, but they just stand there and watch me struggle with my giant laptop bag. I elbow and push my way to the door (finally), but the fact that I have to push hard enough to get past two very large men means that I'm on the stairs leading to the bus door with a little too much force. Now, I don't fall, but I push through that door really, really hard - and land on the sidewalk a little awkwardly, causing a sharp pain to sear through my big toe.

This morning, as I'm getting ready to go to class, I notice that the swelling and brusing in my big toe from the night before has gone down, and I can walk without too much pain. Considering this a victory, I head off for the bus stop a little early. I'm a few minutes ahead of schedule and about 100 feet from the bus stop when the bus comes barrelling down the street and past the stop. Yep - I was early, but the bus was earlier - it's Murphy's Law of the Madison Metro Bus.

So I decide to walk to class - it's about a 20 minute walk from my bus stop, so under normal conditions, it's not too bad. But as I'm walking towards the law school, I notice the pain in my foot starting to come back. Right now, I'm sitting in class with a throbbing big toe, and I wish I had some painkillers.

Although now that I think about it, this would've never happened if I hadn't gone to class in the first place...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Although now that I think about it, this would've never happened if I hadn't gone to class in the first place..."

aha! now you have actually gotten to the culprit of this awful problem -- class!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home