Thursday, September 20, 2007

no matter how long it takes, no matter how far

Has anyone else seen that Nike commercial with Shawne Merriman of the San Diego Chargers running through all sorts of different weather patterns tackling offensive players from various teams?

Can I just say that that commercial bugs the crap out of me for one very specific reason: the music playing in the commercial is the same piece of music that plays in "Last of the Mohicans" when Daniel Day-Lewis (and his hair) go charging up that mountain in North Carolina (okay, in the movie it's supposed to be, like, upstate New York, but I think the movie was shot near Asheville) after Madeleine Stowe and Jodhi May, who have been kidnapped by the indians that aren't Mohicans (they're what, Huron?).

You see, it bugs me because I'm usually not paying attention to the TV, I hear that music (which...okay, honestly, it's on my iPod), and get all excited because I think that my TV will be showing me a half-dressed, 1992-era Daniel Day-Lewis (and his hair)...then I look up and see that commercial. Now I'm sitting here completely bummed out because I'm not sure where my tape of "Last of the Mohicans" ran off to.

I think I'll be making a trip to Best Buy tomorrow...since I won't be in class and all.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger divine angst said...

I thought that music was from Braveheart. Hm. Might have to rethink my position on the commercial now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home