Wednesday, September 19, 2007

stretch run

I'll admit it - I haven't been paying attention at all today. I've been sitting in class with my stomach in knots as I twitch uncontrollably.

Why?

Because there are only ten games left in baseball's regular season, and my Cubs are thisclose to taking the NL Central title. I've spent most of the morning in class running through different scenarios in my mind, most of which involve figuring out if there's any possible way that the Brewers will manage to win the additional games necessary to take the division. (If you're doing the math at home, if the Cubs win 5 of their last 10, and the Brewers win 6 of their last 12, they end the season tied.)

So I'm headed down to Chicago tonight to watch what will be my last regular season game this year, and I'm more nervous about tonight's game than I've been about most of my law school exams...ever. Right now, instead of thinking about Secured Transactions, I'm praying to the baseball gods that Ted Lilly performs much better on 3 days' rest than Carlos Zambrano did last night. I'm pretty sure that says something about how messed up my priorities are.

Go Cubs.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling..... I am headed to the game as well tonight [in the company of Scrum and Jewel

Go Cubs Go!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger JC said...

Reading schmeading, go Cubs!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Dangerous Mind said...

Meanwhile, I'm just happy that I managed to finish my Tax reading so that I don't have to take it all the way down to Chicago to do at the game.

(Yes, I have read for class at baseball games before....but that was back when I cared.)

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. I would NEVER read for law school at a baseball game.... it's against my religion...

I plan on drinking a lot at the game... and going into work hung over tomorrow morning. It's going to be a barrel of monkeys :)

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger JC said...

Since I bought the tickets, I picked a game on Wed, because I have one easy class Thu and that's it. NO regard for anyone else's schedule :)

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Dangerous Mind said...

For the record, I only read at a game once. The only way I could justify driving the six hours from Madison to Chicago and back to watch a Sunday night game was to actually take my reading for Monday with me.

What can I say, except that I was a 1L and hadn't yet learned that reading for class is useless?

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose if you only did it ONCE.... I can restrain myself from cracking a few more jokes :)

But if I see someone with a law book at the game tonight I'm reserving the right to point, laugh, take pictures, and other such tom-foolery.

and yes, reading for class IS useless [most of the time]... unless if your reading involves a "nude-marathon" or Debbie Does Dallas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home