Wednesday, November 28, 2007

honesty is the best policy, even in class

A paraphrase of something that actually happened in class this morning:

Professor: [Dangerous Mind], do you want to play the defense attorney for this?
Me: No.
Professor: Well, too bad.

...a few minutes later...

Professor: So, [DM], do you really not want to be the defense attorney?
Me: No. I have no idea what's going on in here.
Professor: And why not?
Me: Because I haven't been in class for a week and a half.

It's not my fault that I couldn't get decent flights for Thanksgiving that allowed me to actually come to class last Wednesday and this past Monday. I swear. Besides, I'm less cranky when I'm in the warm weather and thawed out and basically not sitting in my crappy apartment in Madison.*

Meanwhile, I have a paper due in that class tomorrow (basically), I haven't read a thing, and I'm fairly certain that I missed some really important things while not being in class. So, that's going to be some serious fun tonight....and all I really want to do is lay down and watch last night's "Bones" again.**



*Let's talk about apartments for a second. My sister's apartment in Mesa, AZ has a bathroom that is larger than my KITCHEN. And she pays a couple hundred dollars less per month than I do. HOW IS THIS FAIR?!?!?!?! (Quick answer: it's not fair.)


**Let's be honest. I'm going to do that anyway. It's my second favorite show, and last night's episode was rather enjoyable. I'm not going to lie; if I was forced to kiss David Boreanaz for five steamboats, I'd consider that a good day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home