Sunday, February 05, 2006

but can you ever just be whelmed?

Because he asked so nicely on Friday...

Other D: Why don't you blog about me?
Me: Because what I have to say about you is private, and shouldn't be put on the internet.



I decided that I'd rather watch reruns of "The Simpsons" and "Family Guy" than watch the Super Bowl. I really don't care to watch the climax of America's month-long love affair with Jerome Bettis (okay. we get it. he's going to play his last game at the Super Bowl in his hometown.). I don't like these stupid mushy pieces when they broadcast them every hour during the Olympics to talk about how Mikhail had to travel across Russia to train to become an ice skater, just so that he'd have a chance at a better life than his eighteen siblings back in that small Siberian village. And they definitely don't belong in my Super Bowl.

Plus, the Steelers are on my Top 5 Most Hated Teams list, mostly because I'd really enjoy kicking Bill Cowher in his jacked-up lip. (Side note: Roethlisberger was not in the end zone. There's no way the ball crossed the plane of the goal line. Stupid officials.)

It's not as bad as the year that I decided to watch The Godfather instead of the Super Bowl, and then fell asleep less than halfway through the movie. But it's close. Homework and FOX during the Super Bowl? Lame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home