Tuesday, December 05, 2006

a holly jolly exam time

Thanks to the girl sitting next to me in Con Law, I just learned that our exam is at 1:30 in the afternoon, rather than the standard 8:30 in the morning. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about that.

I know most people who read this blog would guess that I would be psyched for such a late start time - that means that I can sleep until 11:00am and not be late for my exam (unlike the time I did that in undergrad and was awakened by a phone call from my professor asking me if I intended to take the exam that was currently being proctored). But the more I think about it, that extra 5 hours gives me 5 more hours to panic, stress-eat, vomit, panic some more, and get hit by a bicyclist on the way to school.

What do you think - is the 1:30 exam a good thing that allows you to be rested, well-fed and sufficiently caffeinated, thus allowing you to perform at your peak? Or is waiting around to take a 1:30 exam just another form of torture sanctioned by the (clears throat) lovely folks in charge of the law school?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am by no means a morning person. And I am of the firm belief that waking up before 8am is ungodly. But an exam at 1:30 is also super lame. Am I a hater without a cause? No, I say, and I tell you -- the best time for an exam is 10am. give you time to wake up early, but not too early, but also lets you get our early enough to enjoy the day and relax. Screw 1:30. Screw 1:30 on December 22nd even more. I hate it.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger some guy said...

Late exams suck. Way too much time to worry or even if you're not a worrier, just to think too much about it.

One section our 1L year had their contracts start at 6 p.m. on a Saturday night. I was sure glad I wasn't in that section.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home