Friday, December 01, 2006

why law students suck

Overheard in the Atrium...

"These people in the Judicial Internship Program get 5 credits, and they only have to go to work for 15 hours a week and do nothing during finals. Meanwhile, I spend at least that much time preparing for my 4-credit class during the week, and another 150 hours studying for that class during finals. How is that fair to me?"

I felt like informing this particular gunner that the Judicial Intership Program just requires 25 "work" hours per credit - same as the number of class hours per credit required in all other classes (if not moreso) - and most judges give the interns the freedom to make their own schedule to get those hours. And then I heard the other gunner in this conversation quote Law School Confidential, realized what kind of douchebags I would be dealing with, and decided that presenting the other side of that argument would be pointless.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have reminded them that working for a judge involves making actual decisions on behalf of actual litigants and so the pressure and stress of working for a judge is somewhat higher than the pressure and stress of deciding which side of a hypothetical seems more correct.

But then, I'm working for a judge right now.

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it 45 hours/credit? As for their bitching, I'm calling bullshit on the 150 hours studying per class during finals. That would be moronic. But then again, so is bitching about an opportunity available to all.

I love the gunners.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Dangerous Mind said...

Yeah, you're right - it's 45 hours, not 25. My long division skills aren't as awesome as they were in 6th grade.

And I don't think I've studied 150 hours total for three semesters' worth of exams. Total shenanigans, I say.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably the most ironic place in the world to critize people for complaining about law school...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home