Friday, December 08, 2006

let's go to the mall

I had to take the car in for some much-overdue maintenance today, so I decided to take my Con Law books (yes, I do actually study) and camp out in a nearby store until Firestone finished. I hiked over to the Barnes & Noble, because it seemed to be a better option than the nearby mall or the Einstein's Bagels, or the Firestone lobby. (Plus, they have snacks and Starbucks.)

Now here's what I find to be just a wee bit bizarre:

Barnes & Noble advertises that they have available Wi-Fi access (albeit, not free Wi-Fi). Yet, they don't have outlets where one can plug in their laptop when the battery is down to about 15% power.

The mall food court, on the other hand, is not exactly a paradise for those with laptops and bags full of study guides. However, outlets are in abundance.

My best guess is that this is to plug in the floor buffers at night, and since the B&N cafe is so small, they only need the outlet behind the counter. But still...

For anyone that happened to be at West Towne Mall between 2:30 and 4:30, I was the one with the laptop and pile of books in the Food Court. Yeah. Studying. At the mall. And you know what? I felt way more comfortable studying there than I do in the stuffy stress bubble that is the law library. Maybe it's the smell of good old American consumerism, or maybe it's being surrounded by delicious trans fats, but I was surprisingly content - and productive - this afternoon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home