Wednesday, December 06, 2006

welcome to the maxi pad

I discovered the following sign in the second-floor bathroom during an escape from Professional Responsibilities this afternoon. Words cannot begin to express how disturbing this is, so I jacked one of the signs and copied it here (emphasis added):

Dear Ladies,

SBA has been notified that the small trashcans are missing for disposal of sanitary products. They have informed the school of this situation and hopefully it will soon be taken care of.

In the meantime...please find a responsible alternative for disposal of sanitary products. This may include wrapping it up in toilet paper and throwing it away in the main trashcan. Do not simply toss it on the floor or leave it on top of the toilet paper dispenser.

Please respect yourself and others.

I have to admit...that's one thing that I never thought a school full of twenty-something women would need to be told. I don't know what that says for the quality of person that they let into this school. This confirms my suspicion that some women here are disgusting, self-centered jerks that probably aren't ready to be on their own in the real world.

I will also say this - the trash can is between 5 and 10 feet from the stalls, depending on which stall you use. It's not like the perpetrators were being asked to take their used hygiene products out into the atrium or into a classroom in order to throw them away. They simply had to use a different trash can - but apparently, that is too much to ask.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's nothing (although no less disturbing). Get this. I was a Resident Assistant during my undergrad years and one day the janitor asks to speak to me. She says that I need to have a talk with the ladies on my floor because one of them was consistently pooping in the sanitary products trashcans. Um, gross. These are "adults." WTF? Needless to say, me (FYI: I am a guy) and 30 of my female residents had to have a fun chat about the proper place for poo poo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home